Your infant loves to hear different noises and the good news is that she will not care if they are in tune! This means you are the perfect person to generate sweet music.
Lie your baby down on a soft flat surface such as the bed or blanket on the carpet. You may also sit the infant in your lap facing you. Now let the "music" begin:
- Cluck your tongue
- Make kissing noises
- Whistle a lullaby
- Make revving noises like a car
- Blow through your lips like a motorcycle
- Imitate the barnyard favorite - cat, dog, pig, duck, bird, rooster, monkey, horse, wolf, cow, etc.
- Scrunch and breathe in and out through your nose
- Hum a tune
- Sing a song
Exercise your best common sense and do not make loud or make frightening noises!
Learning and Development Skills:
- Language Development and Vocabulary